Hanes Supply, Inc. is a well-established full -line industrial manufacturer of slings and contractor supplier specializing in lifting solutions. Hanes Supply offers a comprehensive and diverse product line to its customers including: rigging, fall protection, power tools, fasteners, hand tools, construction and safety equipment. quartered in Buffalo, NY, Hanes has five branches located throughout the Northeast.
Position Summary: Tends fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, presses, ing machines, re-spooling machines, proof testing and welding while performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes all safety procedures, rules and regulations, and instruction in performance of job duties.
- Evaluate and comply with customer quality requirements as defined on work orders.
- Perform tolerance acceptance measurement duties as required
- Operate powered industrial materials handling equipment necessary to move or store production reels or heavy units for in process or finished goods.
- Measure, cut and prepare wire materials for splicing and fitting swaging.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Assemble attachments and fittings for wire ends as required.
- Select and assemble appropriate swage dies for application.
- Record product entification on work order for control and traceability.
- Operates Fabricator Shop and Machine Shop machinery and equipment; reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
- Positions work piece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Participate in process improvement and cost saving measures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be knowledgeable and have the skills necessary to safely operate machinery.
- Must possess basic math skills, computer skills and the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to effectively and efficiently perform the job productively.
- Must have positive communication and interpersonal skills.
Level of Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalency required;
- Minimum of six months' experience working in a manufacturing environment is required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant : standing, walking, lifting and carrying <25 lbs., seeing, hearing
- Frequent : lifting and carrying 25 lbs. to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, bending and twisting at waist, kneeling, squatting, crouching, repetitive hand and arm movement, handling and grasping
- Occasional: climbing stairs, reaching above shoulder, talking
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Often exposed to a number of hazards including very hot materials.
- Operators should wear safety shoes, heat resistant gloves, goggles, masks, protective lenses and other equipment to prevent burns and eye injuries.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more.
Successful passing of a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical screening test is required as a condition of employment. We reserve the to do a reference and/or background check.***Consideration will not be given to any responses that do not include a resume.
Hanes Supply Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, or, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.