Hanes Supply, Inc. is a well-established full -line industrial manufacturer of slings and contractor supplier specializing in lifting solutions. Hanes Supply offers a comprehensive and diverse product line to its customers including: rigging, fall protection, power tools, fasteners, hand tools, construction and safety equipment. quartered in Buffalo, NY, Hanes has five branches located throughout the Northeast.
Position Summary : Drives a truck or other vehicle over established routes or within an established territory to deliver goods. May be required to load and unload vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes all safety procedures, rules and regulations, and instruction in performance of job duties.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts and lect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic ections.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Pulls orders and transfers with 100% accuracy.
- Following department procedures, properly stacks and packs merchandise into bins and onto pallets; verifies and closes the shipment using RF equipment and updates computer system.
- Securely stretch wraps merchandise onto pallets ensuring proper labeling is used.
- Operate standard materials handling equipment which includes but is not limited to forklifts, reach lifts, and pallet jacks.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment; ensures that work area is swept, and hazard free; ensures warehouse is accessible and safe for sales representatives and customer traffic.
- Courteously answers warehouse phones obtaining all necessary information such as stock keeping unit number (SKU), part number, slot location, and quantity to provide efficient, accurate and on-time customer service.
- Utilizes computer to look-up Safety Data Sheet information.
- Participates in and assists with cycle counts and physical inventory as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have working knowledge of road safety procedures for vehicle operation.
- Must have prior experience with operating vehicles or material-moving equipment.
- Must have a valid, in-expired driver's license.
Level of Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency; prefer six months experience working in a warehouse environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant: driving a forklift, lifting <25 lbs., carrying <25 lbs., seeing and hearing
- Frequent: sitting, walking, lifting 25 to 50 lbs., carrying 25 to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, bending and twisting at the waist, kneeling, squatting and crouching, handling and grasping
- Occasional: standing, lifting .50 lbs., carrying >50 lbs., climbing stairs, reaching above shoulder, repetitive hand and arm movement, talking
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or light to moderately loud when out in the field driving.
- Drivers are likely to drive on motorways for long periods of time.
- Drivers are expected to work in all weather conditions including snow and icy conditions therefore they need to be alert and careful at all times.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more. Successful passing of a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical screening test is required as a condition of employment. We reserve the to do a reference and/or background check.***Consideration will not be given to any responses that do not include a resume.
Hanes Supply Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, or, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.