Job Description As a systems engineer at Textron System’s Unmanned Systems division, you will perform a variety of systems engineering assignments including requirements analysis, architecture design, integration, and test. A strong candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in multiple engineering disciplines and be able to execute in both R&D and production environments. You will have the opportunity to work in a multi-functional team environment with a diverse array of exciting technologies and products that directly support our nation’s war fighters. Whether your desired career path is technical or leadership, Textron is highly diversified with a strong grow-from-within philosophy that offers exceptional opportunities for career progression. For more information on the products developed by the Unmanned Systems team, please visit http://www.textronsystems.com/capabilities/unmanned-systems.
- Support full life cycle engineering design and development activities on Unmanned Systems programs.
- Execute systems engineering tasks – including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, systems modeling (SYSML), architecture design, trade studies, requirements decomposition, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, and engineering analysis.
- Prepare and present systems engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews.
- Generate Statements of Work and monitor outside contractor performance.
- Serve as a resource to others within the work group, department, and the organization.
- Effectively communicate with program managers, planners, and technicians.
- Drive tasks to completion independently.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Physical Science with 2 or more years related experience (systems or test engineering) or Masters Degree in Engineering with 1 or more years related experience.
- Experience with hardware and/or software integration, managing requirements derivation and allocation, or architecture design
- Experience with Windows and/or Unix operating systems
- Experience with computer architecture and networking
- Experience with Virtual Machine (VM) architecture preferred
- Experience with DOORS, JIRA, and MagicDraw (or equivalent) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a DoD environment and model based systems engineering are preferred.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio).