Established General Contractor in the Central Texas Area is currently recruiting for an Experienced Submittals Clerk.
This position provides support to the Quality Control Staff and other project personnel by performing administrative and clerical functions, while presenting a positive and professional appearance to visitors and client representatives.
Essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately and timely prepare, type, review and copy documents related to quality control and/or assigned project. Including typing/preparing: correspondence, daily reports, various logs, meeting minutes, facsimiles.
- Accurately maintain the quality control files paper and/or electronic. Including: filing correspondence, daily reports, shop drawings and submittals.
- Timely and accurately perform quality control administrative functions. Including obtaining submittals from subcontractors/vendors in a timely manner as directed by Quality Control Manager to support the project schedule.
- Maintain the submittal register and track submittals in process.
- Return approved submittals to the subcontractors, vendors and home office in a timely manner.
- Prepare outgoing documents and packages. Efficiently deliver documents to the client(s) representatives.
- Maintain a neat and orderly project office to present a professional image.
- Must be flexible to meeting changing job demands
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Some specific duties included in this job are:
a. Know how to read and interpret Corps of Engineer plans and specifications.
b. Be able to review and approve shop drawings furnished by others.
c. Be able to review product data, certificates, test results, warranties, etc.
d. Be computer literate, especially relating to Microsoft Word and Excel.
e. Know the Corps of Engineers system for controlling and managing submittals.
f. Keep accurate records and files with respect to submittals.
g. Keep an updated submittal register with reports sent to others monthly.
h. Able to communicate with supervisors, Corps personnel, vendors and sub-contractors to achieve complete and satisfactory results.
i. Be able to substitute for project QC and supervisor on short term or emergency bases.
j. Assist in Preparatory meetings, initial meetings, needed inspections and prepare associated reports.
k. Help with posting, maintaining, and completing document changes on "as -built" drawings.
l. Perform other duties and assignments as required
Candidate musthave the following requirements:
- Experience with RMS- at least two (2) years
- Team Player
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Pass a drug screen and/or physical
Emerson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Emerson Construction is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The lective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company's achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees to treat each other with respect and value each other's differences in regard to age, or, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender entity or expression, uage, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.