Pulls orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipment to customers and for production. Verifies quantities and enters receipt of incoming shipments. Stocks items in designated locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Obtains merchandise item from warehouse shelves to fill orders, carefully verifies identifying information and quantities. Places items in containers and packs. Receives orders following company practices. Enters incoming shipments in the computer after physical counts have already been verified. Handles return shipments. Assists in warehouse maintenance. Packages orders shipments. Performs other duties and assignments as directed by Supervisor. May assist with inventory cycle counts. Follows company policies regarding safety.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· 1 – 2 years stockroom experience.
· Experience gained through employment at Lavi Industries helpful.
· Must have knowledge of the basic use of computer and shipping equipment.
· Must be mechanically inclined.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must understand work instructions and must be able to communicate with other departments.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
· Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Able to define problems, collect data, establish acts and draw valid conclusions.
· Must have good leadership skills – i.e. makes decisions based on established company standards, assembly practices and quality requirements.
· Must have full knowledge and demonstrate understanding of all stockroom practices and procedures.
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish helpful.