Software Tester will be involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. Tester will have an opportunity to work closely with software developers, hardware technicians, support team, as well as product director and manager. Position involves understanding of software development for embedded systems, desktop applications, and server applications. Basic understanding for hardware is beneficial.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Tester role will vary on project requirements. Tester may join a project at the initial implementation stages to assess potential risks, or may be brought on to a project midway through when testing becomes a requirement.
Work closely with other team members to test, deploy, and support software and hardware systems. Specifically:
· Monitoring applications and software systems
· Writing and excluding test scripts
· Testing in different environments including web and mobile
· Running manual and automated tests
· Quality assurance
· Providing objective feedback to software development project team
· Document analysis
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Four years of Software Development and testing experience
· Programming languages: Java, C#
· Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
· Knowledge of application and database servers.
· Integrated development environments: Visual Studio and Eclipse.
· Experience with version control software.
· Experience with SQL database.
· Basic knowledge of Web UI: HTML5, CSS, and jQuery.
· Basic knowledge of web application security.
· Basic understanding of Radio Frequency design.
· Basic understanding of circuit design.
· Strong trouble shooting skills.
· Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.Collaborative skills; verbal and written communication