Established General Contractor in the Central Texas Area is currently recruiting for an Experience Site Safety Health Officer.
The SSHO is responsible for providing safety oversight on a construction jobsite. This included, but is not limited to:
- Perform safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections and safety enforcement.
- Enforcing and adherence to EM 385-1-1
- Conduct training as needed for company
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections, maintaining and providing complete and accurate documentation of such inspection
- Conduct weekly safety training/education, maintaining and providing complete and accurate documentation of such training/education
- Conduct accident/incident reports, assist with internal investigation
- Maintain applicable safety reference material on the job site
- Attend meetings related to the job site
- Implement and enforce Site Specific Accident Prevention Plan
- Conduct Activity Hazard Analyses
- Ensure complete job site compliance with safety and health requirements
- Maintain a list of hazardous chemicals on site and their material safety data sheets
- Act as the Competent Person on job site
- Bachelors degree related to safety, i.e. Safety & Occupational Health Applied Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Technology/Environmental Health and Safety Program, Environmental, Health and Safety, Safety Technology. (This is not an all-inclusive list) -ALL DEGREES MUST BE VERIFIED
- Minimum of five (5) years continuous Construction Industry Safety Experience or four (4) years if you have a Third-Party, Nationally Accredited SOH certification.
- OSHA 30 Hour
- Continued Education related to Safety
- Computer skills
Emerson Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Emerson Construction is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company's achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees to treat each other with respect and value each other's differences in regard to age, or, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender entity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.