Technica is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator (emphasis on patching capability/experience) to support a large IT enterprise DoD Program. The Senior Systems Administrator will report to the Program Technical Supervisor, and must be a seasoned system administrator with strong experience in systems patching and with a variety of DoD networks and systems of different security classifications as well as having functional capability with network engineering and NetOps.
Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge in designing, planning, implementing, and possessing the highest level of performance in the system administration for computers and their complex operating systems. As such, the Senior Systems Administrator researches, evaluates, and recommends upgrades, software, hardware and other necessities for computer systems; analyzes, diagnoses, and provides technical expertise for complex problems related to infrastructure operating systems and/or enterprise storage solutions; and proposes, initiates and implements appropriate solutions.
- Standard SA-related engineering, provisioning, NetOps and maintenance functions as indented below but with emphasis systems patching
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs, including but not limited to installing new or rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, and storage; installing and configuring systems; and developing, maintaining and documenting installation and configuration procedures
- Support NetOps through: daily system monitoring and verification of operational integrity and performance of organization’s hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; conducting daily security checks/monitoring and backup/archival operations; creating, changing, and deleting user accounts as appropriate; providing Tier III support as needed; repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures; and coordinating and communicating with impacted constituencies.
- Perform SA-maintenance including but not limited to applying OS patches and upgrades; upgrading administrative tools and utilities; configuring new/added services; upgrade and configure system software; document and maintain SA-related policies and procedures; conducting performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization; configure CPU, memory and disk partitions; and conduct performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continued innovation
- Ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to and comply with DoD policies and standards
- Assist project teams with technical issues arising throughout the project life-cycle
- DoD TS SCI clearance
- 15 years of relevant technical system administrator experience
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Data Communications, Telecommunications, Engineering, or related field
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) or MCSE certification
- Possess the ability to lead other systems administrators to manage servers and other computer system aspects
- Well versed in technology with a strong ability to plan, organize, evaluate and redesign system designs to the benefit of the organization
- Comfortable in briefing and interacting with senior DoD military and senior civilian leaders