General Statement of Job:
The purpose of this position is to stand post or patrol an assigned zone by foot or security vehicle, enforce client policy and regulations, and investigate all facility related incidents. Ensure that the client, its associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional working environment. The Flex Officer will report to the Shift Security Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to the client, its associates, and facilities personnel.
- Patrol assigned areas, maintain visibility and observe possible unusual activity.
- Account for and maintain all daily assigned equipment in functional and presentable condition.
- Investigate and report maintenance and safety conditions which might endanger client, its associates, or public safety - including fires, evacuations, hazardous situations, or other facility related events. Provide assistance to client personnel as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees, suppliers, and visitors on company property have proper company-issued identification.
- Ensure that daily activity reports are kept concise and complete at all times; maintain all daily assigned equipment in functional and presentable condition.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Training and Qualifications
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid state-issued Driver’s License.
- Must have a valid BSIS issued Guard Card/License.
- Must be dependable.
- Must have basic report writing skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and emergencies.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English clearly.
- Must have a minimum 3 references
Compensation for Security Officers:
- Starting pay is $17/hr.
- $300 Bonus for new hires
- Eligibility for annual merit pay increases for performance.
- Health, Vision & Dental (30+ hours)
- PTO & 401K (32+ hours)
Affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; national origin; religion; sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions); disability (physical or mental); age (40 and older); citizenship status; genetic information; ancestry; gender identity and gender expression; AIDS/HIV; medical condition; political activities or affiliations; status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking; or status as a protected veteran.