To increase sales by providing immediate & local, personalized support & communication for our prospects and customers. The Sales Assistant will be responsible for the administration & directing of account relationships to service and retain commercial account customers and prospects. In addition, may assist with projects to sell Lavi products as well as develop new business relationships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Services and retains commercial accounts
- Professionally handle incoming calls, emails, and web chats with a pleasant, informative, and courteous attitude.
- Assist customers with identifying best solutions for their application: up-sell and cross sell where applicable
- Assigns & forwards leads and prospects for the Program Managers and Sales Executives
- Manages and prioritizes a queue of incoming orders; To include but not limited to: Acknowledgment, contract review & correction, Order entry, appointing lead time, quoting freight, selecting carriers , preparing critical shipment documents and or declarations, Status and follow up, and customer communication.
- Accurately enters, Tracks, prioritizes & coordinates orders and requests for quotes.
- Assists in preparing proposals
- Reports on status of on time delivery.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal resources
- Acts as liaison between Inside Sales, Operations, Engineering, Purchasing, Graphics and Finance (i.e. Investigates customer issues, document findings, and takes corrective actions to resolve; Communicates with all teams and departments as necessary, etc.) to ensure company and customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Trouble shoots shipping delays and carrier changes as required.
- Maintains a High level of communication with all Inside Sales.
- Mails/faxes catalogs, brochures, & other marketing materials as directed.
- Processes appropriate forms for samples, work orders, signage request, graphic request, side marks, transfer orders, etc.
- Processes Change Orders for order accuracy.
- Processes Credit Card Charges, returns, credits, and/or claims as required.
- Maintains department critical duties when other S.A.’s or P.M.’s are away from their desk or out of the office
- Performs other customer service related activities as required to include but not limited to front office support
- Special projects or duties as assigned or required for customer service or inside sales support.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-4 years customer service or call center experience.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English, including simple correspondence & presentations.
- General ability to apply basic Algebra and Geometry skills. Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to professionally handle incoming calls with pleasant, informative and courteous attitude.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and understand basic blue prints and architectural drawings preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of general office equipment and tools (copier, fax, scanner, internet, etc).
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to prioritize work duties.
- Must have strong attention to details.
- Must be able to accurately enter orders, customer data, etc.