SUMMARY:• Operate Murata CNC Punch Press
• The ability to prepare complex setups and punch press operations. Using a computer numeric controlled (CNC) equipment that makes precision cuts, grinds and punches into metal or other material. Punch press operators look at blueprints or plans for the finished product, make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the punch, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product. They make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output. They look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
CNC machines are high precision, and operators use computer controls to make punches and cuts, inputting information into the computer from the blueprints. They must be familiar with computer assisted design (CAD) and computer aided manufacturing (CAM) technology and software.
• Must have a full understanding of print reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part.
• Thorough understanding of flat pattern layout
• Ability to work well with others in a leadership environment
• Ability to train less experienced operators
• Work in an efficient and timely manner
• Keep work area, including machine surfaces clean at all times.
• Identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
• Know where all machine controls are located.
• Understand the use of all appropriate safety guards.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Computer literate
• Excellent organizational skills
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Minimum 5 years experience as Press Brake Operator.
2. Must be able to read blueprints.
3. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
4. Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
5. Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
6. Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication,
PHYSICAL DEMAND CATEGORY:
Lifting 40 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
IN A NORMAL WORK DAY, THIS JOB MAY INCLUDE:
1. Stand or walk, 8+ Hrs
2. Sitting, occasional
1. Simple grasping
2. Fine manipulation
3. Pushing and pulling
4. Finger dexterity
5. Foot movements