Put your project management and technical skills to work contributing in the fight to conquer cancer!
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB) is looking for an ambitious Project Manager to join our team. Our Applications Development team creates and customizes web applications used to gather and evaluate cancer patient data. Our project managers have a major role in creating and refining user interfaces to make data collection and evaluation clean, accurate, efficient, and even fun. You’ll see your mock-ups and ideas come to fruition by our talented group of developers and testers, and have a positive impact on our investigators, nurses, and internal staff, helping them be successful in their work.
The position is responsible for managing software development projects, defining project objectives and overseeing quality control throughout a project lifecycle.
Other duties of the Project Manager, Applications Development, include working with and leading cross-functional teams in resolving discrepancies, removing or mitigating roadblocks, and facilitating communication among all project stakeholders. This position coordinates and interacts with key stakeholders in Applications Development, SWOG (swog.org), CRAB, and in other partner organizations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing project management leadership within the software project lifecycle, including software deliverables, timely communication of project milestones, status reports, change requests, and risk analysis
- Responsible for project management of the SWOG software projects, including troubleshooting issues, directing the implementation of change requests and may include Medidata Rave EDC (Electronic Data Capture) study build process or customization of in-house software
- Helps define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Works with CRAB management to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Serves as Applications Development’s project advocate with program managers, statisticians, data managers, NCI working groups, CRAB officers, and outside clients
- Works with Applications Development department management to prepare time estimates to track project milestones and deliverables
- Responsible for consistency of project documents, including requirements - functional specs, technical specs, and forms specs- throughout the project lifecycle
- Schedules and leads project kick-off, requirements, scheduling, and focus group meetings where applicable
- Responsible for the quality of the project’s user interface and workflow design
- Responsible for critically reviewing eCRF designs to ensure compatibility/conformance with CDASH/SDTM standards
- Establishes and implements project management best practices
- Supervises and oversees work of Project Specialist team members
- Travel may be required (up to 2 trips per year)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of project coordination experience may be substituted for educational requirement
- Minimum two years of experience as a project lead
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with software development principles and the software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective collaboration
- Ability to accurately scope and size work efforts
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and diplomacy while collaborating with stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interpret and describe technical information for stakeholders
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a clinical research or clinical trial environment
- Experience with Medidata Rave® or another Electronic Data Capture system
- Experience with project management, task management, or bug tracking software such as Azure DevOps
- Experience writing formal documentation (e.g., software specifications, procedures) in support of software development lifecycle
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience advocating projects to large groups
- Experience working with regulations and standards related to clinical trials such as FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and SDTM
- Proficiency with database design and principles
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Spanish language skills a plus
CRAB is a non-profit organization founded in 1997 whose mission is to help conquer cancer and has contributed to hundreds of cancer clinical trials. We offer a highly competitive benefit package that includes paid time off, remote work days, FSA, retirement contributions, office location with awesome views of Lake Union, and more.
If you are looking to work for a great company and a great cause, we encourage you to apply!
This is a full-time position and is Exempt from state and federal overtime regulations.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In your cover letter, describe how your skills and experience match the qualifications for the position and why you think an organization like CRAB is a great fit for you.
To apply, visit our career page at www.crab.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Project leadership: 2 years (Preferred)