Job Description - Production Manager
The Production Manager oversees day-to-day production schedules, operational and plant activities, and manages the selection, training and development of production staff. Monitors and utilizes operational resources, manages production quality processes and training, leads safety program development and training. Coordinates maintenance and repair of machines to avoid downtime and delays, ensures production processes and machinery are in compliance with customer specifications and professional and safety standards. Reviews Engineering-recommended process changes to ensure changes are appropriate with operating goals. Manages purchasing and shipping & receiving.
Typical years experience in field of 5-15 years. Typically holds High School Diploma. Ideally is E6 or E7. Supervisory Role: Yes. Number Supervised: 8-15 people.
People management tasks: hires employees, assigns and evaluates work, provides training and team incentives, reviews performance periodically, and terminates employees when needed.
Skills/Specialties include people management, process improvement, quality systems, production management, inventory and purchasing management, Microsoft Office.
The Production Manager reports to the COO or President of the company. Job Responsibilities & Capabilities:
• Able to plan and organize multiple tasks as required to maintain and improve manufacturing and plant operations.
• Able to plan and organize multiple tasks as required to improve product performance, increase reliability, and improve quality and manufacturability.
• Have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of plant operations including construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical diagnosis, quality, and maintenance techniques.
• Have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the Company’s products, and the techniques used to manufacture them.
• Develop documentation, manuals, work instructions, drawings, etc. as required to maintain and improve incoming QC, process control, and product quality.
• Frequent interaction and leadership with internal Customer Service and Engineering, as well as with external suppliers and contractors in addition to coordinating multiple manufacturing activities.
• Will implement production process improvements, and work with Engineering on product and process designs that are suitable for production.
• Will assist production teams in meeting production goals. Leads problem solving as necessary.
• Involved as a team member in proposed manufacturing and product development activities.
• Plan and implement new and improved manufacturing and testing processes and procedures for existing and future products.
• Provides input to, or determines, make/buy decisions based on quality, schedule, and cost, as well as provides alternative manufacturing or design options that ensure intended performance, quality, schedule, and cost requirements. Develops qualified vendors, and secondary suppliers, manages vendors and blanket purchase orders.
• Manages shipping, receiving, and manages freight costs and vendors.
• Assess the need for capital equipment and tooling, and the associated implementation.
• Knowledge of hazardous chemical handling, use, storage, and disposal.
• Ensures safety and compliance standards are maintained.
• Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company.
The position will involve travel locally to visit vendors. Goal: to make improvements in the following areas: 1. Safety 2. Product Quality & Consistency 3. Manufacturing & Operations Cost & Efficiency 4. Capacity & Capability 5. Labor & Scrap reduction 6. Personnel Skills, Morale, and Teamwork Qualifications include:
• Manufacturing experience, including mechanical equipment, productivity, safety, quality, efficiency, and maintenance. Process control experience preferred. • Passing a standard drug screening test.
Market Pay Range: $47,500 (25th percentile) to $80,800 (90th percentile).