Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems and requirements. Duties include conducting analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, researching and testing of possible solutions, revising existing logic, and providing end user training on new procedures as necessary. Employees in this position must be competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and to understand the business implication, of the application, and of the information technology to meet those needs. Works with all activities of the current local and wide area network including design, implementation, configuration, upgrade, and maintenance for optimal system performance. Provides management with evaluations and recommendations necessary to enhance the Information Technology infrastructures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Formulates and defines information system needs of Lavi Industries and its users, through research and fact-finding.
• Assists in developing documentation of business and user needs.
• Participates in testing, acceptance testing, and implementation of information systems modules and subsystems.
• Participates in facilitating evaluations, installations, and training users on application software.
• Provides user support in PC application software.
• Adheres to all rules and regulations of the Lavi Industries organization.
• Uses judgment in selecting among authorized procedures and seeks assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
• Effectively manages the day-to-day tasks and activities to effectively meet the project deliverables and schedule.
• Perform systems maintenance to update record specifications, setups new trading partners and monitors partners specific trade requirements.
• Responsible for implementing, troubleshooting, configuring, upgrading, and backing up current multi-site local and wide area networks.
• Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and servicing entire Information Technology infrastructure including but not limited to voice, data and fax systems.
• Provides ongoing support of the technical infrastructure including maintaining the stability and security of all production systems.
• Analyzes network infrastructure and system performance to provide recommendations for optimized or enhanced solutions.
• Forecasts demand for network services and develops plans to address increased capacity and business recovery needs.
• Provides computer and network support 24x7x365 for local and remote locations (available by cell phone).
• Performs reliable systems backup on all servers and ensure data integrity.
• Monitors network applications and manages communications infrastructure.
• Supports and troubleshoots underlying network architecture (hubs, switches, and routers).
• Maintains firewall and VPN servers at CA & NY locations.
• Maintains VPN connections to the corporate network to ensure remote offices and employees have 24x7 secured accesses into the corporate network.
• Plans, builds-out, maintains and supports the corporate IT and phone infrastructure.
• Travels to remote offices for systems installation, analysis, troubleshooting and support.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems pertaining to the desktop and LAN environments.
• Installs and repairs desktop computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
• Directs and trains staff to insure high availability of network connectivity to application, web and email services, and Internet services. • Provides IT Director with detailed project plans, timelines and costs for all proposed network initiatives.
• Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces desktop hardware and software systems.
• Designs and maintains enterprise wide Windows server based network including Active Directory.
• Designs and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
• Designs and maintains various Windows servers including but not limited to O365, SQL server 2005 and up, Internet Information Server, Terminal Services and Systems Management Server.
• Continually monitors Infor Syteline production systems and maintains the highest level of availability.
• Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
• Ensures effective use of technology to enable development and growth of the enterprise.
• Maintains currency and technical competence with new software and hardware.
• Researches, evaluates, and performs R & D on new leading technologies.
• Performs other duties as deemed necessary by corporate management.
• Special projects or duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Microsoft Windows Server, SSRS, SQL Server, TCP/IP, VPN Technologies including Remote Access Support, Firewall
• Excellent oral and written communication skills