The Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV) Engineering team has an immediate opening for a Naval Mission Systems Engineer to support our growing family of unmanned naval products. Our teams are engaged in multiple cutting-edge development programs for domestic and international programs. The strong candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in naval architecture or engineering including design, evaluation, and operation of shipboard systems; familiarity with ship classification rules and regulations, maritime mission planning, execution, and monitoring; national and international navigation rules and standards: boat and small ship operation, and command and control of autonomous systems.
Ability to take ownership of quick turn proposal and design efforts is essential.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Create concepts of operation and system architecture for Unmanned Naval Vessels for existing or novel commercial, industrial, or military mission requirements.
- Design systems to apply autonomous and remotely piloted capabilities within existing naval operation regulations, communication standards, and marine environments.
- Perform, or review, naval craft performance calculations.
- Perform, or review, naval craft production readiness reviews.
- Develop technical and cost proposal responses for must-win programs.
- Interface constantly with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Prepare and present engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews and as deliverable reports.
- Generate Statements of Work for design, manufacture, or test, and monitor outside contractor performance.
- Support full-life cycle engineering development activities.
- Execute lead systems engineering tasks – including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, trade studies, requirements derivation, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, earned value management and engineering analysis.
- Drive tasks to completion independently.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Software, or Systems Engineering required; Marine or Naval Engineering preferred; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience in Naval operations and design.
- Experience with command and control systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with model based systems engineering methods and tools is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Military Standards strongly preferred.
- Effective technical writing and presentation skills.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Active Secret Clearance preferred; Secret eligibility required.