Under general supervision, analyze & improve processes and procedures for application development and database stored procedures, migrations, upgrades, backup and restores; create database schemas; monitor & tune databases; plan & upgrade SQL Server installations; gather requirements; create procedures for fail-over maintenance; develop scripts for automation; implement new reporting functionality; perform root cause analysis, create & maintain reports and documentation. Wears several development hats cross various department project development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· SQL database experience must use most recent SQL release or two versions prior.
· Queries against normalized, de-normalized and dimensional SQL database.
· SQL programming, upgrading, scripting techniques such as stored procedures triggers and scheduled database backups.
· SQL test/stored procedures programming and server configurations.
· Use of database data models to design and construct queries.
· SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reporting Writing.
· Identify report data requirements, specifications, template and design.
· Manage the development and maintenance of data cubes.
· Building reports, scorecards and dashboards.
· Using SQL skills including creation of user defined functions, complex stored procedures, Query optimization and SQL scripts.
· Troubleshooting and analyzing all functions and services.
· Creating parameterized queries for application database calls.
· Windows Service Programming, low level programming.
· In charge of taking care of the Extranet sites for partners’ (Sharepoint).
· Use Visual Studio development, Visual Basic, .NET.
· Portal design and architecture, project documentation, database administration for SQL.
· Develop new application-interface using Infor Mongoose.
· Providing input to DBA(s) on data element formats and data granularity necessary to meet end-user requirements.
· Developing, installing and maintaining database management systems.
· Working in conjunction with the business application process to design specific database applications aid workflows.
· Define business rules and data requirements.
· Build standards and administer all data models.
· Participates in testing, acceptance testing, and implementation of information systems modules and subsystems.
· Participates in facilitating evaluations, installations, and training users on application software.
· Provides user support in PC application software.
· Adheres to all rules and regulations of the Lavi Industries organization.
· Uses judgment in selecting among authorized procedures and seeks assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
· Effectively manages the day-to-day tasks and activities to effectively meet the project deliverables and schedule.
· Provides ongoing support of the technical infrastructure including maintaining the stability and security of all production systems.
· Travels to remote offices for systems installation, analysis, troubleshooting and support.
· Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems pertaining to the desktop and LAN environments.
· Installs and repairs desktop computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
· Provides IT Director with detailed project plans, timelines and costs for all proposed network initiatives.
· Designs and maintains enterprise wide Windows server based network including Active Directory.
· Designs and maintains various Windows servers including but not limited to O365, SQL server 2005 and up, Internet Information Server, Terminal Services and Systems Management Server.
· Continually monitors Infor Syteline production systems and maintains the highest level of availability.
· Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
· Ensures effective use of technology to enable development and growth of the enterprise.
· Researches, evaluates, and performs R & D on new leading technologies.
· Performs other duties as deemed necessary by corporate management.
· Special projects or duties as assigned or required.
· Microsoft Windows Server, SSRS, SQL Server, TCP/IP, VPN Technologies including Remote Access Support, Firewall
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science or Related Field.