Hanes Supply, Inc. is a well-established full -line industrial manufacturer of slings and contractor supplier specializing in lifting solutions. Hanes Supply offers a comprehensive and diverse product line to its customers including: rigging, fall protection, power tools, fasteners, hand tools, construction and safety equipment. quartered in Buffalo, NY, Hanes has five branches located throughout the Northeast.
Position Summary: Stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse and the store, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep and maintain accurate physical inventory records while participating in cycle counts.
- Takes inventory or examines merchandise to entify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Perform stock inventory activities as required for cycle counts and periodic reconciliation.
- Pulls orders and transfers with 100% accuracy.
- Following department procedures, properly stacks and packs merchandise into bins and onto pallets; verifies and closes the shipment using RF equipment and updates computer system.
- Securely stretch wraps merchandise onto pallets ensuring proper labeling is used.
- Operate standard materials handling equipment which includes but is not limited to forklifts, reach lifts, and pallet jacks.
- Courteously answers warehouse phones obtaining all necessary information such as stock keeping unit number (SKU), part number, slot location, and quantity to provide efficient, accurate and on-time customer service.
- Utilizes computer to look-up Safety Data Sheet information.
- Loads and unloads product as requested.
- Clean shelves, and aisles and maintains a clean, safe, and organized working environment; ensures that work area is swept, and hazard free; ensures area is accessible and safe for sales representatives and customer traffic.
- Observes all safety procedures, rules and regulations, and instruction in performance of job duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have material moving equipment and forklift operating experience and possess a valid, unexpired driver's license.
- Must be familiar with how to operate materials handling equipment, to include, but not limited to forklifts, reach lifts, and pallet jacks.
- Must possess basic math skills, computer skills and the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Must be self-motivated with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of inventory controls
- Ability to read instruction and able to match product numbers and products
Level of Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency; prefer six months experience working in a warehouse environment.
- A minimum of six-months of warehouse experience or working in an ISO environment is preferred.
- Some experience with rigging, industrial and/or construction supplies is desired
- Some exposure to Quality Systems such as ISO is desired
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant: standing, walking, lifting <25 lbs., carrying <25 lbs., seeing and hearing
- Frequent: lifting 25 to 50 lbs., carrying 25 to 50 lbs., pushing and pulling, bending and twisting at the waist, kneeling, squatting and crouching
- Occasional: driving a forklift, lifting >50 lbs., carrying >50 lbs., climbing stairs, climbing ladders, reaching above shoulder, repetitive hand and arm movement, talking
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more.
Successful passing of a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical screening test is required as a condition of employment. We reserve the to do a reference and/or background check.
***Consideration will not be given to any responses that do not include a resume.
Hanes Supply Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, or, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.