Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), Technica Corporation has an opening for a Vulnerability Management Analyst at JFHQ-DODIN at Ft. Meade, MD.
The Vulnerability Management Analyst will support the analysis of software/hardware vulnerabilities and the impact those vulnerabilities will have to DoD systems use this expertise to identify priority level for vulnerability fix actions and contribute to the mitigation strategies that can be implemented prior to the release of a vendor fix action.
• Establish communications with vendors for the release of newly identified vulnerabilities and to ensure they understand the specialized requirements of DoD information systems.
• Compile daily, weekly and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non-affected DoD products.
• Identify, analyze, and develop mitigation or remediation actions for system and network vulnerabilities. Prioritize identified vulnerabilities based upon severity, potential operational impact, and other factors for DoD. Analyze issues affecting DoD components with vendor provided fixes and contact the appropriate vendor for a defined and attainable solution.
• Provide notification of potential threats by tracking vulnerabilities and exploits, propagation of worms and viruses as they migrate throughout DoD and globally. Monitor the progress of internal and external organizations to ensure IAVM operational requirements are fulfilled for Government review.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4+ years of overall related experience. 8+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Currently possess an active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for C/I Polygraph.
• Demonstrated experience with Joint Incident Management System or other ticketing system.
• Knowledge of cyber incident handling process and procedures.
• Experience in an Operations Center providing Senior Leaders specified reports based on information received from supporting unit operations.