The Logistic Consultant will support a SPAWAR program office in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing documentation, maintaining databases and helping to address supply chain management.
• Analyze data using basic methodologies, interpret results and provide written summaries and recommendations.
• Perform onsite data collection to analyze standard operating procedures and process models.
• Participate in ongoing decisions regarding tracking, study, design, data collection, data analysis, methodology and process improvement. • Collaborate with client and project staff to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks with minimal direction.
• Build subject matter expertise in supply chain management best practices and provide input to working groups.
• Ability to work seamlessly with contractors of other organizations and government staffers from technical and non-technical backgrounds.
• Provide high level of experience and working knowledge of Navy Data Environment (NDE), Program Support Data (PSD) Automated Reporting & Tracking System (PARTS), Defense Connect Online (DCO) websites. • Familiarization with the Provisioning and Allowance Parts List (APL) development and file update process.
• Maintain the Configuration Data Managers Database-Open Architecture (CDMD-OA) database for all systems’ configurations for program of record and project systems. • Maintain logistics instructions, directives, and policies and support all logistics data calls.
• Develop required logistics input for briefs and other logistics documentation necessary to fully support program of record and project systems.
• Support staff meetings, Integrated Product Team (IPT), working groups, Fleet Support Teams (FST) and program reviews. Required Experience • Experience with delivering consulting services to the federal government.
• Experience with supply chain management and inventory management.
• Ability to perform independently and as part of a team, balance priorities and meet deadlines.
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Possession of excellent time management, critical thinking, monitoring, coordination, judgement and decision-making skills.
• 5 years of specialized supply support logistics experience with the Navy or comparable Department of Defense agencies with a Bachelor’s degree OR 3 years of specialized supply support logistics experience with the Navy or comparable Department of Defense agencies with a Master’s degree.
• 3 to 4 years of experience in direct logistics support to an Acquisition program office (PEO/PMW) or similar organization.
• DAWIA Certification in Logistics or Program Management is highly desirable. Clearance
• Security Clearance SECRET, currently active preferred, ability to get clearance is required.
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft PowerPoint