Full Time/Salary (40 hours/week) Sunday required work day
Position Reports to:
The Facilities Manager will oversee the management and operations of all the physical facilities of the church. Provide oversight and responsibility for the buildings, grounds, parking lots, equipment, building systems, general security, and housekeeping, ensuring the facilities are fully operational, safe, clean and neat, and prepared for services and ministry activities. Oversee and perform maintenance/repairs for the church building, equipment (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical) and property, or act as church representative with outside contractors and inspectors coming onto the property or into the building.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and perform all work related to the maintenance and repair of facilities (including but not limited to building inspections, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, landscape, waste management and security)
- Ensure all church facilities and grounds are well maintained and ready for Sunday services and mid-week events
- Perform janitorial/cleaning of the facilities mid-week, weekends, and as needed
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining supplies and equipment on an on-going basis
- Serve as primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work
- Oversee and provide event coordination. Ensure proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, special events, worship, weddings, memorial services, and otherwise as directed
- Work with appropriate government agencies to ensure that buildings are safe and meet current code requirements; Must be familiar with and ensure compliance of OSHA regulations and standards
- Implement, monitor, and follow policies and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and provide efficient use of labor and materials
- Maintain expenditures related to the building, facilities, and grounds repairs and maintenance in accordance with the approved budget
- Work with the Business Manager and Board to report problems, solutions and costs associated with projects not approved in the budget, and provide input to development of the annual budget
- Schedule and coordinate work with outside contractors, as necessary
- Develop and manage facilities team. Schedule and coordinate efforts of the team, as needed. Act as point of care for all facilities team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, and equipment utilized in facility maintenance, construction, and repair activities; including skills and abilities related to plumbing, janitorial, electrical systems, painting, carpentry, construction and heating and air conditioning systems
- Knowledge of security practices and protocol related to facility management
- Knowledge of safety practices and applicable regulations
- Must be computer literate with knowledge in all Microsoft Office software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the approaches and techniques involved in budgeting, labor relations, contract management, project management, record keeping, etc.
- Capable of coordinating multiple tasks and adjusting to the changing priorities, meeting deadlines, and scheduling of a growing church
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, balance competing priorities and tight deadlines, work under pressure and remain flexible
- Ability to recruit and train others so the church is fully equipped to respond to any need pertaining to grounds and facilities
- Must be able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making
- Understanding of and alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the church
- Must be integral and committed to living a public life that is founded in Christ likeness and above reproach
Education and Certifications:
- Maintenance and technician certifications are desirable
- Minimum of (2) years in facilities management or related occupation; Experience in one or more of the technical areas of HVAC, Electrical, Electronics, Plumbing, Locksmith, Security Controls, Gardening & Landscaping, Construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the job as listed above
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, bending, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and handling of materials.
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
- Ability to lift/carry, up to approximately 50 pounds frequently, and occasional lifting/carrying of equipment weighing up to approximately 75 pounds may be required
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing/walking for long periods of time (60 minutes or more)
- Visual abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee will be required to work a minimum of forty (40) hours of per week or as many hours as it may take to perform above job duties. Schedule will include Sundays. Holidays such as Easter and Christmas are required work days and the week leading up to these holidays should be considered unavailable for personal vacation. Schedule may vary based on event demands and may require a combination of office hours as well as work performed after hours and/or weekends if necessary.