The Advanced Product Initiatives (API) team is seeking experienced electrical engineering talent that will advance what comes next for Textron Systems Unmanned Systems. The API team is developing embedded systems and advancing the technical readiness of emerging technologies in support of existing and emerging unmanned aircraft products. This role offers the ability to apply leading edge knowledge to solve system level and detailed technical challenges within a rapid development small team environment. A successful candidate will be an action oriented individual who will leverage embedded systems design and development experience to demonstrate and mature core aircraft systems from concept to production.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of embedded system development activities within the API team.
- Develop imaginative, thorough, practicable technical solutions to a wide range of difficult electrical engineering problems related to advanced unmanned system product development.
- Lead concept development as part of internal cross-functional design teams, including prototyping and production support.
- Document new technologies and products through well prepared engineering artifacts including functional and physical system block diagrams, drawings, specifications, interface control documents, design presentations, system test plans, and test reports.
- Realize sub-system and system capabilities through the execution unit level testing and integration activities.
- Help drive growth through the support of proposal activity, providing technical input, cost estimates, and risk assessments.
- Coordinate with project engineering and program management on requirements management, budget and schedule generation, and project tracking
- Demonstrated embedded system design and firmware development capabilities for mixed signal multi-processor control architectures including peripheral systems. Experienced with:
- Integrated development environments (IDEs) for PIC, ARM, DSP, FPGA
- Applied communication systems such as CAN bus, I2C, SPI, RS232 and Ethernet
- Aircraft and/or vehicle power distribution and control systems
- Experience with PCB design process from schematic design and layout through prototype test and high rate manufacturing, including:
- Detailed circuit design
- Electrical system software simulation
- Schematic capture
- Part selection and Bill-of-Material generation
- PCB layout and optimization
- Design for Manufacture and Cost
- Practical experience with rapid prototype, integration, test, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of RF system design including bi-directional data links, amplifiers and antennas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including preparation of design documentation.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Zuken, LabVIEW, C, C++, Matlab, Unix/Linux, Microsoft Productions, CAD, ORCAD, Mentor Graphics
- Oscilloscope, Function Generators, Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5 years related work experience;
- Secret Security Clearance eligibility required.
- Desire and ability to operate in a team environment is required.
- Master’s Degree with 3 or more years related work experience preferred
- Active Secret Clearance preferred;