Textron Systems Electronic Systems designs and develops test and simulation hardware and software for Electronic Warfare (EW). This includes systems used on the flight line, range or in a lab to simulate enemy radar or missile threats for the purpose of testing aircraft sensors and electronics, or for training a pilot. High fidelity software and hardware design is required to accurately simulate enemy threats in an ever evolving and expanding electromagnetic threat environment.
- Schematic capture and circuit design
- Microcontroller, Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and communications circuit design
- Some embedded programming (C/C++)
- Some VHDL programming
- Writing interface control documents, specifications and test procedures for your designs is expected
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with up to 4 years experience
- VHDL knowledge is a plus
- C/C++ knowledge is a plus
- Radio Frequency (RF) knowledge is a plus
- Signal Processing skills are a plus\
- Ability to obtain a U.S. secret clearance is a must
You will be part of highly skilled team and need to interface with other team members, including those of other engineering disciplines. Additional job duties could include systems level requirements analysis, design, and proposal input. You may also be involved in system testing for products you’re a part of and aid with fielding and/or training of the customer.