Hanes Supply, Inc. is a well-established full -line industrial manufacturer of slings and contractor supplier specializing in lifting solutions. Hanes Supply offers a comprehensive and diverse product line to its customers including: rigging, fall protection, power tools, fasteners, hand tools, construction and safety equipment. quartered in Buffalo, NY, Hanes has five branches located throughout the Northeast.
Position Summary: Receives, stores and issues sales floor merchandise; responsible for satisfying walk-in customers; product needs and assists with questions in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes all safety procedures, rules and regulations, and instruction in performance of job duties.
- Greets customers and discusses the type, quality and quantity of merchandise sought for purchase.
- Computes charges for merchandise or services and receives payments in a timely and professional manner.
- Recommends and provides advice on a wide variety of products and services.
- Receives, stores, and issues sales floor merchandise; stocks shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arranges displays to attract customers.
- Prepares merchandise for display, or for purchase or rental.
- Advises customers on use and care of merchandise.
- Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advises customers on merchandise ion.
- Itemizes and totals customer merchandise ion at checkout counter, using cash register, and accepts cash or charge card for purchases.
- Takes inventory or examines merchandise to entify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Packs customer purchases in bags or cartons and assists customers with loading purchases into their vehicles.
- Receives, opens, unpacks and issues sales floor merchandise.
- Stocks shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise to attract customers.
- Cleans display cases, shelves, and aisles and maintains a clean and organized working environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to actively listen to customers; needs in order to help them purchase the right product.
- Must have basis math skills and be able to convey information to customers effectively.
- Previous customer service experience and a working knowledge of sales and inventory systems is highly desired as well as a working knowledge of rigging, industrial and/or construction supplies.
Level of Education and Experience:
- High School or equivalency diploma is required.
- Minimum of 6 months; experience working in customer service or a sales environment is highly preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.Frequency
- Constant: standing, walking, lifting <25 lbs., seeing, hearing and talking.
- Occasional: lifting >50 lbs., working at heights, and repetitive hand and arm movement.
- Frequent: lifting 25 to 50 lbs., carrying 25 to 50 lbs., pushing and pulling, climbing stairs and ladders, bending and twisting at the waist, kneeling, squatting and crouching, reaching above shoulder, handling and grasping, and fine finger manipulation.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Works both inside and outside in heat and d
- Involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more. Successful passing of a pre-employment drug, alcohol and physical screening test is required as a condition of employment. We reserve the to do a reference and/or background check.***Consideration will not be given to any responses that do not include a resume.
Hanes Supply Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, or, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.