Technica is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team. Must have the ability to work independently and take initiative when needed. The best candidate will be motivated individual who works well independently and within a team. The Cisco Unified Communications (UC) Engineer is responsible for the support, maintenance, installation and upgrades of the Unified Communications infrastructure. The contractor shall utilize build guides and appropriate documentation IAW the CCMP, the deployment and administration of network assets, configuration, performance, and security through the use of network management toolsets and administrative functions. Currently-used network management toolsets include Cisco Access Control Server (ACS), NetQoS and Orion Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor, Network Configuration Manager, Enterprise Operations Console, Cisco Call Manager, Unity Connection, Telepresence Management System, Meeting Server, VCS and Akkadian Provisioning and Contact Manager. Expertise in those toolsets shall be provided by the contractor; however, the contractor shall remain current on other technologies integrated as part of Enterprise maturation, improvement, and further development, AF JWICS sustainment, and transition to IC ITE. The UC Engineer is expected to work closely with senior engineers and leadership to perform complex tasks, manage small and large-scale projects, and work independently to resolve incidents and requests that are submitted by end users. This position requires someone that has a strong desire to learn cutting edge technology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, configure and maintain a worldwide deployment of unified communications within the JWICS enterprise network environment.
- Perform analysis of the networking problems
- Oversee network planning, implementation and support processes and procedures.
- Provide recommendations on viability, implementation strategies and optimal implementation of solutions.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of network topologies and conditions.
- Ensure changes to network topologies are made with minimal down-time.
- Engineer, configure and lead the design, configuration and deployment of Unified Communications (Video, VoIP and data networks).
- Manage video/audio, data/voice networking relationships and work with vendors to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Active TS/SCI
- Science or Engineering Bachelor’s degree or 6 years equivalent experience with CCNA
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco Unified Communications solution
- 5+ years of experience in LAN/WAN network administration and engineering
- Working knowledge of larger networks and AF Gateways
- 2-4 Years of experience in site surveys, installations and upgrading/restoring system networking equipment
- 2-4 Years of experience in reviewing and analyzing computer networks, security features of computer networks, critical hardware/software network communications
CCNA with ability to obtain CCNA-Voice 180 days
Joint Base San Antonio (Lackland), TX