This position is responsible for generating drawings of mechanical components, layout drawings, assembly instructions, and Bill of Materials (BOM) from sketches or drafts utilizing Solid Works.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Accurately details drawings with dimensions, tolerances, materials, and detailed views as required
• Works with Sales and Engineering to design prototypes using engineering concepts
• Communicates with Engineering and Manufacturing to create, clarify, improve and correct drawings
• Verifies all drawings are neat, accurate, and in compliance with internal standards and requirements
• Reviews existing processes and develops solutions to increase productivity or reduce costs.
• Ensures compliance with approved production methods and quality standards
• Support Sales with new and modified products/customer requirements
• Performs special projects or duties as assigned or required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of an associate’s degree in an Engineering or Architectural school, or completion of technical trade school in CAD drafting
• Strong technical skills, with the ability to generate and read blue print/mechanical drawings
• A sound knowledge of Solidworks CAD drafting software
• A basic understanding of materials and engineering principles preferably in construction processes
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a strong focus on attention to detail • 3-5 years manufacturing experience preferred • Strong computer skills including MS Office, Outlook, Solidworks or Autocad required
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Knowledge of Metal Fabrication processes: Stainless Steel, Brass and other alloys.
• Familiarity of Codes and Regulations pertaining to Architectural Railing products.
• BIM model creation for use in Architectural software applications
• Ability to interpret Architectural Drawings and Specifications.
Education and/or Experience:
Engineering background preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret drawing and bills of material. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates and ratios. Able to apply concepts of Geometry and Algebra.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.