The Foundation Relations Officer/Grant Writer is responsible for obtaining grant revenue to support Georgia Public Broadcasting through foundation solicitation and relationship development, managing a portfolio of foundation donors and prospects. The primary focus of this position is to ensure growth of GPB’s donor base by identifying, researching, and cultivating potential sources of foundation support.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Five years of successful experience in foundation fundraising.
• Excellent writing skills, including the demonstrated ability to develop successful grant proposals, reports, and other materials.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Important to be assertive, confident, and personable – high degree of exposure to the public.
• Sound computer and technical skills
• Frequent local and statewide travel required.
•Hours are primarily Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and must have the ability to work a flexible schedule to include after 5pm, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Leadership Giving to develop and implement effective strategies to meet foundation revenue goals.
• Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
• Assist with departmental fundraising, awareness and membership activities.
• Assist with other duties as apparent or assigned.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references and applicant form on the GPBs Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs.
ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.