• Writes for Morning Edition and other assignments as assigned in the newsroom
• Will serve as a backup remote producer and board operator as needed.
• Writes clear, concise copy for the host
• Capable of maintaining high journalistic standards under pressure.
• May occasionally report, write, and produce news stories, books guests, edits audio in Adobe Audition and voice long-from stories for air when required.
• May occasionally serve as back-up host to fill in for the anchor.
• Uses reporting skills to identify potential sources for the hosts to interview
• Prepares host scripts and background materials to help guide live interviews when required
• Assists with newscast preparation during Morning Edition
• May occasionally report, write and voice long-form stories for air.
• Prepares, edits and works with Digital Team to post materials to GPB’s web site.
• Follows GPB Editorial and Social Media policies standards for journalists.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field and two years’ plus of professional journalism experience required; public radio experience ideal.
• Demonstrated skill in reporting, audio editing, broadcast and online writing, and social media.
• Demonstrated ability to identify key developments, distill complex matters, and proven high-level writing and editing skills, especially on the Web.
• Must possess confident, personable delivery that fits seamlessly into NPR’s news magazines.
• Ability to produce well-written, contextual news spots and engaging copy for hosts.
• Ability to work collaboratively, meet multiple deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, proven multitasker, understands the challenges of daily news, and the ability to be nimble in a fast-growth, highly creative environment.
• On air experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of Atlanta life and issues a plus.
• Must be able to work varying shifts, to include seven days per week, weekends and holidays.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and childcare spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references and complete applicant form on the GPBs Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY applications and resumes submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
DATE POSTED: November 22, 2021 RECRUITMENT NUMBER: C-17-2021
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.