GPB is seeking a Media Operations Engineer to join their growing Technology Team. This candidate will work with colleagues to troubleshoot systems, support operations, evaluate new technologies and implement next generation solutions for GPB’s statewide operation of radio, television and digital content delivery platforms. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting technical innovator who is adept at communicating highly technical topics with teammates, management and clients and enjoys discussing or explaining complex systems with non-technical peers. The Media Operations Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
• Work with GPB’s Technology teams to support on-air operations for television and radio, including remote studios and transmission facilities throughout the state.
• Work with operations teams to identify technical needs, design workflows/systems and implement solutions.
• Work with colleagues to document new systems and to share lessons learned, expertise and industry skills.
• Collaborate with Technology peers and contribute to the maintenance, operation and documentation of GPB’s broadcast, production, and distribution systems and works with teammates to resolve issues, implement solutions and support GPB staff statewide.
• Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to monitor the health of GPB’s statewide network.
• Recognize, communicate and respond with the appropriate sense of urgency to major technical issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technology, science or media field; military or other significant work experience or training may be a substitute; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a media or production environment.
• Candidate must have the desire to learn and evaluate new technologies, systems and workflows amd have the ability to communicate efficiently with varying disciplines and personalities.
• Needs to have a customer service centric personality and presentation.
• Knowledgeable of computer network infrastructure and how production workflows can be enhanced using network technologies.
• Comprehensive understanding of production workflows in either radio or television.
• Operational familiarity with multiple NRCS/NRPS, NLE and automation platforms.
• Capable of working and communicating in a live broadcast environment; especially, under pressure and with respect of the urgency of live environments.
• Should be able to comprehend technical documentation, have strong technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to articulate a troubleshooting process to stakeholders.
• Ability to understand and work with virtual and physical computing platforms.
• Demonstrated passion for public broadcast media and improving the experiences GPB offers to our sustainers.
• AutoCAD skills are considered a plus. Familiarity with PBS and NPR technology standards considered a plus.
• Member of SBE or SMPTE, or willingness to become a member during the first year of employment, is considered a plus, but is not required; SBE, Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA or similar industry certifications are considered a plus.
• Strong office software skills; Must have a valid GA driver’s license; and the ability to work a flexible schedule, to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to climb a ladder with equipment and run cables in a broadcast facility and the ability to integrate/install systems in an operational broadcast environment. Must be able to safely lift heavy equipment needed for operational support.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references, and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.