Georgia Public Broadcasting is hiring a Media/Network Operator on the Network Operations Center team.
The NOC is the air traffic control of GPB. Our team coordinates all inbound content, processes it to meet high quality standards, and ensures its efficient delivery to destinations and distribution channels. Every department in the organization coordinates with and relies on the NOC.
We are seeking a responsible applicant with initiative, who cares deeply about high-quality, public media. The ideal candidate will be fascinated by all points of the media supply chain workflow to include, content acquisition and ingest, quality control, post-production, live broadcast and online streaming, channel and partner distribution, and Archival/librarian operations.
Our top candidate will be a team player—a people person—who can communicate tasks and set expectations clearly and eager to learn new systems and tools. The ideal candidate will need to be articulate and collected, especially in live radio and TV environments where peers will be working with dedication and a sense of urgency. The Media/Network Operator will work closely with team members, clients, vendors, and contractors; strong communication and customer service skills are paramount for success. GPB is a collaborative organization that values new ideas and team members who bring a positive approach to their work. The Media/Network Operator reports to the Network Operations Center Manager.
• Degree in Media, Journalism, Technology, Arts, or an adjacent field of study is ideal. Equivalent experience and/or a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job may also be accepted.
• Must be a calm and effective communicator—able to accommodate dynamic priorities with composure and confidence.
• Must be capable of working as part of a team with a collaborative attitude toward meeting deadlines and sharing workloads to meet objectives.
• Prior experience working or interning in a media operation, venue A/V team, theatre, recording studio or film crew is highly desired.
• Prior experience with production and asset management systems (ex.: Dalet, BitCentral, Primestream, Adobe Premiere, Avid, etc.) is highly desired, but not required.
• Experience working with physical media—Beta, XDCAM, DVD, 3/4” cassettes—is a plus.
• Strong technical aptitudes and an ability to pick up software-centric workflows with ease are needed for success.
• Must be available to work non-traditional schedules/holidays/weekends, including varying shifts, and some nights to meet the requirements of individual productions.
We Offer: Flexibility with telecommute and office schedule, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement plans, health, dental, and vision benefits, life and accidental insurance, health and childcare spending accounts, disability insurance and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references, and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity
DATE POSTED: June 10, 2022 RECRUITMENT NUMBER: C-15-2022