• Handles purchasing transactions for the education and digital divisions, maintains recurring payments, and reconciles all purchases with the finance division.
• Processes invoices from all vendors and contractors, gets appropriate signatures from management, and processes payments through finance and/or human resources.
• Assists Division Director with project budgets, reports, and contracts.
• Manages the education email account which incurs a high volume of educator requests daily, responds to requests within 24 hours, and delegates inquiries to appropriate parties.
• Coordinates preparation and on-site logistics for education-related events and workshops, including family learning workshops, kids camps, teacher EdCamps, awards ceremonies, advisory group meetings, other educator events as needed.
• Manages the processing and data entry of the annual Kids Writers Contest entries to ensure every entry is catalogued and returned properly.
• Manages the electronic distribution of teacher resources for various education series and monitors the requests, verifies teacher emails, and responds with download instructions.
• Receives and handles phone transfers from the audience care team regarding GPB Education.
• Stays up-to-date on travel/per diem procedures and helps with travel needs for the division, including field-based staff who travel on a regular basis.
• Inventories, maintains, and organizes all equipment, supplies, and resources in the designated education storage space.
• Performs other assignments and duties as needed to support daily operations of education and digital divisions, including but not limited to ordering supplies and equipment, maintaining contracts and subscriptions, responding to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders, and preparing meeting agendas and notes.
Candidate Qualifications: • Relevant degree, high school diploma or GED and two or more years of administrative office support experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job • Strong attention to detail and able to manage multiple tasks at once. • Skilled in delivering high quality, customer-focused service. • Adept at using spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation, video conferencing, and other software to gather, organize, and present information. • Successful at building sustainable working relationships with internal staff and the public. • Communicates effectively and regularly with coworkers, supervisor, and the public. • Generates enthusiasm, support, and confidence for education division objectives.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.