Georgia Public Broadcasting (GPB) is hiring a producer to work on our weekday live radio show
Political Rewind with Bill Nigut. We're looking for someone who is passionate about breaking news (especially politics) and understands the power of radio. They will use journalism skills to identify potential interviewees, prepare background materials and scripts to help guide the host’s interviews, and gather and edit clips from various news outlets. The producer will be responsible for social media for the show, will post each show to the web and podcast platforms and may occasionally report, write and voice stories for air. GPB is a cross-platform organization where all content producers are expected to produce radio, television and digital content. We’re a highly collaborative organization that values new ideas.
• High-level writing and copy-editing skills, especially on the web, social media.
• Deep knowledge of Georgia politics preferred.
• Ability to book and produce quickly, especially during breaking news.
• Strong communication about deadlines and pitches as the team continues to work remotely, and in person.
• Experience gathering and editing audio on Adobe Audition or similar software strongly preferred.
• Avid social media user and content creator.
• At least three years of journalism experience required; public radio experience ideal.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field; and/or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Ability to multi-task, collaborate with others, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule to include some nights and weekends.
We Offer: Flexibility with telecommute and office schedule, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement plans, health, dental, and vision benefits, life and accidental insurance, health and childcare spending accounts, disability insurance and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references, and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
DATE POSTED: May 10, 2022 RECRUITMENT NUMBER: C-11-2022
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity