Audio Visual Technician, SITE/Naval Ships
Alternate Job Title: Technician, Television Distribution and Broadcast Systems
Use your broadcast technician skills to support our troops!
Work site location and Zip Code: San Diego, CA 92136 with regular CONUS & OCONUS travel required
OMNITEC Solutions (http://www.omnitecinc.com) has an opening in San Diego, CA for an experienced SITE Technician to integrate and install Broadcast, Cable TV and Surveillance Camera Systems in US Navy ships.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Design, integrate, install, upgrade and maintain broadcast and production closed circuit television systems, surveillance camera systems and fiber optic and RF cable distribution systems used for entertainment, training, and security aboard United States Navy, Coast Guard, and Military Sealift Command ships;
- Interpret and understand system and equipment drawings and cable run sheets;
- Integrate equipment in racks, fabricate and run cables, and conduct test & troubleshooting, in both lab and shipboard environments;
- Schedule installs and work packages and coordinate yard services;
- Work within established supply process, including coordination with ship’s forces for maintenance and repair;
- Train personnel on use and maintenance of systems.
- Regular CONUS & infrequent OCONUS travel.
- 4 years’ experience with integration and/or maintenance of broadcast television systems;
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair television and related cable distribution systems;
- Ability to use desktop and laptop computers for maintenance tracking;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to access tight shipboard spaces;
- Ability climb ladders, walk long distances, carry tools and test equipment onto and off of ships;
- US citizenship and an active Secret clearance, or ability to immediately obtain one, is required as this position supports a DOD client.
Additional Helpful Skills
- Knowledge of the procedures and regulations regarding installations of systems in US Navy ships;
- Experience with SHIPMAIN/RMMCO;
- Knowledge of RF television distribution systems using coaxial and fiber optic cabling;
- Knowledge of surveillance systems;
- Familiarity with satellite receiving systems;
- Familiarity with IP based television and/or camera systems.
If you are applying to this position from an external job posting, you can apply directly via our web site, https://www.omnitecinc.com/Careers/CurrentOpenings.aspx. Please be sure to:
1. add Employment@omnitecinc.com to your contacts list, and
2. use Chrome, Firefox/Mozilla, or Safari for your browser as IE tends to have display issues.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.