Automotive Service Technician
Serving Wareham and its surrounding towns, we at Robertson’s GMC Truck want to make our service department as efficient as our vehicles. And we know that starts with our most valuable resource – our employees. Our service department is at the ready to assist our customers with all their maintenance and repair needs. We are a family owned small business looking for employees who want to further their careers by joining a company that provides every opportunity for success.
We have an immediate need for Automotive Service Technicians with highly competitive compensation.
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing accurate diagnostics and maintenance on General Motors vehicles. You will also be responsible for providing fast, accurate, high-quality, efficient mechanical repairs. In addition, you will be considered the knowledge leader in the service department and will have a key technical sales role in dealing directly with customers at times.
Specific duties for the Automotive Service Technician include:
- Diagnose and repair to specifications ensuring vehicles are safe to drive
- Closely inspect parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, other troublesome items
- Adequately explain technical diagnosis and required repairs to non-mechanical individuals, which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis
- Adhere to all company policy, procedure, safety and environmental rules
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay current with rapidly changing automobile technology
- Inspect repair work performed by other technicians
- Provide technical assistance and training to other shop techs
- Maintain high customer satisfaction standards
As an Automotive Service Technician , you must have an engaging and high-energy personality and the ability to set the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you. You must also have a strong work ethic, work well as part of a team and take pride in the work you do.
Specific qualifications for the Automotive Service Technician position include:
- Minimum 2 years’ automotive repair experience required
- General Motors experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate customer service skills
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs on occasion
- Physically capable to stand, kneel and crawl for extended periods of time when necessary
- Outgoing personality with experience at developing relationships
- Work in a fast-paced environment, are organized and can manage your time
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
- 401(k) program
- Professional and respectful work environment
- Excellent training & advancement opportunities