An Air Safety Investigator is responsible for performing Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) incident and accident investigations involving the Aerosonde product line. A strong candidate will possess a broad knowledge base in multiple engineering disciplines and be able to function in both R&D and operational programs. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a multi-functional team environment with a diverse array of exciting technologies and products that ectly support our nation's war fighters. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that is results oriented and exhibits good attention to detail. Whether your desired career path is technical or leadership, Textron is highly diversified with a strong grow-from-within philosophy that offers exceptional opportunities for career progression. For more information on the products developed by the Unmanned Systems team, please visit http://www.textronsystems.com/capabilities/unmanned-systems.
- Conduct air safety investigations with minimal supervision.
- Gather witness statements and interviews.
- Analyze telemetry data with standard tools.
- Coordinate hardware testing.
- Review maintenance records and operational procedures.
- Identify root cause and contributing factors.
- Clearly document the outcome of investigations in a written report.
- Derive specific, actionable recommendations to reduce the likelihood of future occurrences.
- Use the Investigations Database and other tools to place an occurrence within historical context, entify mishap trends, and provide to preventative/predicative safety programs.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Physical Science with 5 or more years related experience; or Masters Degree in Engineering or Physical Science with 3 or more years related experience.
- Experience in manned or unmanned aviation.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the aviation investigation process, and solid grounding in related concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to clearly and compelling articulate a change case to the wider organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products - with an emphasis on Excel.
- Experience with other standard data analysis and visualization tools desirable (MATLAB, Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience with alized safety management programs a plus
- Experience with Flight Data Monitoring/FOQA programs a plus